VistaDB 4.2 is an upgrade to VistaDB 4.1 that resolves a number of defects identified in VistaDB 4.x and lays the technical foundation for additional enhancements and performance optimizations in subsequent
New Features In This Release
VistaDB 4.2 introduces a new licensing system that addresses strong feedback from customers
of previous versions of VistaDB.
The new licensing system is a proven part of our Gibraltar product that has worked very well for customers for multiple years.
It requires activation for the developer tools associated with VistaDB, but eliminates the need for .LICX files and supports
activation scenarios even direct internet connectivity is not available.
All existing VistaDB 4.x customers will be emailed new license keys since the new system will not work with license keys generated for previous
versions of VistaDB.
If you are a current VistaDB customer and have not received you new license key, please
Defects Fixed In This Release
This is the list of issues fixed since the last release version (4.1.16)
- Fixed: The VistaDB engine now performs culture-sensitive comparison of database elements such as parameter and column names. See related forum post
- Fixed: DECLARE and SET may now be combined in one statement like SQL Server 2008 rather in being disallowed as was the case for SQL Server 2005. See related forum post
- Fixed: WHERE clause evaluation of non-column comparisons involving variables/parameters has been corrected.
- Fixed: Corrected handling of inequality operators that was effectively treating
"<" as "<=" and ">" as ">=" under certain narrow conditions.
- Fixed: Corrected handling of WHERE constraints comparing indexed columns against null parameters.
- Fixed: Corrected handling of NOT operator on WHERE constraints including comparisons against null parameters.
- Fixed: Query execution time is now measured and displayed correctly in DataBuilder.
Data Migration Wizard
- Fixed: Data Migration Wizard now gracefully handles the error associated with attempting migration on an invalid MS Access file.
Visual Studio Tools
- Fixed: Visual Studio 2008 reports an error loading the VistaDB tools package.