Gibraltar: The Best Analysis Tool for NLog
Say Goodbye to Analyzing Logs One At A Time In Notepad
NLog is a popular free logging framework for .NET that makes it easy to produce high-quality application logs. But analyzing those logs in text editors like Notepad is tedious at best. At worst, the logs are too big to load or are hopelessly lost somewhere on a customer's computer unavailable to you.
Gibraltar integrates with NLog making it easy to collect, manage and analyze log data. Gibraltar is an end-to-end solution that gets logs from end-users to each member of the development team. And it provides tools to see patterns across thousands of logs or drill into the details of a single session to pinpoint the root cause of a problem.
End-to-End Log Management
- Gibraltar ensures that log files will never fill up the disk where you applications run
- Logs can be transmitted on demand or automatically via SMTP or the Gibraltar Hub web service
- Logs are indexed for fast analysis allowing your to see patterns across thousands of logs
Log Viewing and Analysis
- Quickly find crucial information with excellent filter, highlight and grouping capabilities
- Cross reference log entries with graphs of system performance or custom metrics
- Know which class and method issued each log entry even when multiple classes share a single NLog logger
- See source code associated with log messages
Easy to Integrate and Deploy
- The Gibraltar Agent is a single DLL which can be freely deployed with your application.
- It stores its log data in a compact format and automatically manages the space used by purging the oldest sessions as they exceed a configurable age threshold or exceed a total disk space threshold.
- It includes a live log viewer, exception manager, ASP.NET agent and data transport system - all free.
- Use the Gibraltar Configuration Wizard to automatically add the Gibraltar Agent to your Application
How it works
NLog is an extensible framework that allows log messages to be filtered and routed to various targets. We provide a GibraltarTarget that receives NLog messages and logs them along with all the other data Gibraltar collects (errors, configuration data, performance counters, system events, custom metrics). Gibraltar is added to your NLog configuration just like any other NLog target.
All you have to do is download the Gibraltar Free Trial which includes everything you need to connect the Gibraltar Agent to NLog.
If you have any questions about Gibraltar or using our NLog adapter, please contact us.
If you want to read more about collecting, viewing, and analyzing log data with Gibraltar check out these related pages:
The best way to understand the difference Gibraltar makes is try it free for 30 days.