Who are we?
Loupe is a product of Gibraltar Software, Inc. (the company was originally called eSymmetrix).
We're located in the Baltimore / Washington D.C. area with a few of us in the United Kingdom and elsewhere in the USA. We've been developing high-end business
and scientific software for the Microsoft platform since 2000.
We've always valued application logging and monitoring. It's a best practice
we use on all our projects, and it has paid great dividends in delivering high quality,
maintainable software on aggressive schedules.
Built on Success
Loupe's a complete .NET rewrite of a successful application logging and
monitoring system we developed and used on multiple large projects including:
- a global network of dealerships for a Fortune 500 manufacturing company
- a major software-as-a-service (SaaS) web portal for benefits administration
- the control software for line of sophisticated scientific instruments sold to the
research departments of all the major pharmaceutical companies.
Built with Experience
Gibraltar Software has taken everything we've learned from decades of software engineering
leading dozens of software development teams and put it into Loupe:
- Loupe automatically captures computer configuration information, system events
and performance counters because we've learned that developers need more than
just trace messages.
- Loupe provides simple yet powerful tools to analyze and visualize data to make
it useful to QA, customer support, project management and marketing folks as well
- We carefully crafted the Loupe Agent to be completely threadsafe, with negligible
performance impact and automatic data pruning so it can be trusted on production
- Integrating Loupe is extraordinarily easy. It delivers immediate value because
we understand that developers are busy and need tools that just work.
We know what it's like
When building custom software, you don't always have the time to create the
strong infrastructure to support your products after launch that you'd like. Loupe
is our contribution toward helping your projects go smoother so you and your customers keep on
Please reach out to us with any questions. We love talking about this stuff!